Re: [Epic] Allies & Transports

From: Mark A Shieh <SHODAN+_at_...>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 1997 10:18:43 -0500 (EST)

David Knowles <link0031_at_...> writes:
> O.K. I've got another couple of Q's for you lot,
>
> 1. Can infantry from one army use transports fron another?
> (eg. if I was fighting a battle using Marines & Eldar could aspect
> warriors ride in Land Raiders.) We've always played that the answer to
> this is no, but is that correct? (As I read something about using a marine
> Battle company to ride in an Imperator titan, which is an ally.)

        I believe you'd have to look at the Q&A for confirmation. I'm
pretty certain that you can't though. The Imperator is a special
case. It's more of an allied *building* than an allied transport, so
it's okay.

> 2. If an objective is in a building, does the building count as the
> objective, or the counter?

        I always assumed that those cute little counters were the only
important part. I like the idea of making the entire thing the
building. If both forces have troops in the building, it sounds
contested to me. Both are 0cm away.

> 3. Why is the Space Marine Commander Special Card so crap? :-P
> I mean why take him when you can have an Inquisitor for the same cost.

        Someone compiled a list of questions of this format. There's
no real reason why the Hellbore is so bad. The only reason I can
think of is that the designers just weren't thinking when the put
together the stats on the Lungbursta.

Mark