Re: [Epic] Chaos gripes (was: Eldar tactics)

From: <duckrvr_at_...>
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 1997 14:26:24 -0600

At 11:26 AM 4/4/97 -0500, you wrote:

>> Late in the game they are too slow to get away, and with a 1 in 4 (4+ to
>> hit, 4+ to penetrate shields) it is worth the effort.
>
> Assuming you opponent is foolish enough to leave them within
>25cm of terrain the keeper can hide in

I suppose that depends on how often your opponents take big units. In the
last game I played I faced 3 Leviathans, and a Reaver company. It's pretty
hard to hide them all.

> The LoC is the best bet (moves 30cm instead of 20 or 10) but
>the problem is he's a skimmer - sure, the titan you're charging can't
>shoot at you, but everyone else can. Opportunities where this sort
>of thing will work (isolated titans/SHVs away from other sources of
>fire support) are fairly rare in my experience.

I hate the skimmer rule. It's another bad call by the primarchs. I've
killed a colossus, a Leviathan, a titan (I think it was a reaver) and an
entire detachment of knights using the cc/growth or stench combo. LoC every
time. So that is four out of how many? I dont' know. Probably in the mid 20s.

> Shooting-wise the Plague Tower isn't going to help you a whole
>lot, but it's great for getting Beasts and Plague Bearers (and Mortarion)
>to the enemy a turn faster than usual.

Yeah ,yeah. I haven't played with it because I didn't buy it because its
stats looked so incredibly crappy. I can't believe that 400 pts is a
reasonable price to get a couple demons there a little quicker.

>> you are willing to kill a model or two of your own so you can "jump" the
>> plague wind (you are chaos, after all).
>
> ehhh... that's kinda cheesy in my mind. Plague Wind is
>powerful enough as it is.

It is stated explicitly that chaos can target their own troops. So I can
barrage them, but I can't use them to power one of my "spells?" Besides, I
think it has a certain style (a bloodthirsty one, at that).

Temp