Re: [Epic] epic 40k

From: <duckrvr_at_...>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 1997 21:24:05 -0500

At 05:33 PM 4/9/97 -0500, you wrote:

>> In short, ALL detachments have to have one HQ, therefore each detachment
>> will cost 25pts plus the cost of the indvidual troops in it.
>
>I'm sorry but this is incorrect. Each detachment requires an HQ. If you
>look in the Command section of the detachment list it will list the
>options to create an HQ unit. By paying for a Captian or Farseer you
>fulfill the Command requirement and _do_not_ need to pay an extra 25
>points. If you choose not to get a special command unit, then in some
>lists you have the option to pay 25 points to promote a unit from the Main
>Force to fulfill the command requirement. The two are seperate.

Um . . . GW at work again. Look in the armies list under the example
detachments. Apparently Eldar and Orks don't pay the +25 to make Farseers
and Warbosses HQ units, but Marines and Chaos Marines do.

Captain in Rhino - 57 points (25+25+7)
Farseer on Bike - 65 points (50+15)
Warboss - 40 points (40)
Chaos Lord in Rhino - 52 points (25+25+7?, must be a typo)

These point values make sense, even if it is incredibly inconsistent. A
farseer for 50 points is pretty close to a Librarian for 60. And the
previously discussed example of making a warlock stand a commander for
slightly less thant he 50 points for a farseer certainly seems reasonable.
OTOH, if someone tried to insist that I pay 75 points for a farseer, I would
never take anything but regular warlocks.

Luv that man o' mine,
Temp