Re: [Epic] epic 40k

From: Len Smith <lensmith_at_...>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 1997 10:00:36 -0700 (PDT)

> >I'm sorry but this is incorrect. Each detachment requires an HQ. If you
> >look in the Command section of the detachment list it will list the
> >options to create an HQ unit. By paying for a Captian or Farseer you
> >fulfill the Command requirement and _do_not_ need to pay an extra 25
> >points. If you choose not to get a special command unit, then in some
> >lists you have the option to pay 25 points to promote a unit from the Main
> >Force to fulfill the command requirement. The two are seperate.

        Okay for the Space marines they say "You must choose a commander"
Then looking at the Army list it looks to me like you can pick a space
marine Captain ( 35 pts ) a Librarian ( 35 pts ) or pick another unit
from main or support ( base value + 25 pts ). As long as you dont viloate
the chain of command. i.e Make a land speeder a commander, when you have
land raiders.

> Captain in Rhino - 57 points (25+25+7)

        I read this as 32.

> Farseer on Bike - 65 points (50+15)

        Look good.

> Warboss - 40 points (40)

> Chaos Lord in Rhino - 52 points (25+25+7?, must be a typo)

        ????