Re: [Epic] epic 40k

From: <duckrvr_at_...>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 1997 21:19:35 -0500

At 11:34 AM 4/9/97 -0700, you wrote:

> The way I read that (using Eldar warhost) I need a commander for
>the eldar warhost detachment. I can either pay 50 pts and have a farseer
>as commander, or buy something else add 25 pts to it, and presto chango I
>have a command hq, as long as I follow the chain of command. So i could
>buy a guardin stand for 8 pts, upgrade them to warlock abilities for 1pt
>and then ad 25 pts to make them a detachment hq, for a total of 34 pts,
>saving 16. Am I reading this right or am I messed in the head. ( I WANT
>COMPANY CARDS!!!! )

Yes, I believe you are correct, except that a warlock is 10 points and you
won't have the hero ability. While 7 points may be a bit steep, it is the
commander, and can prevent certain difficulties that would occur if the next
unit in your chain of command was in a bad position when your commander
died. You could also take a Wraithguard support squad and add a warlock
commander for 54 points. He wouldn't have "hero", but he would have the
wraithguard stat line. Personally, I think that in most cases it is better
to take the Farseer.

Temp