Re: [Epic] land raider firepower [E40K]

From: Paul Tobia <heresy_at_...>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 1997 10:24:08 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 10 Apr 1997 duckrvr_at_... wrote:

> Where is this "magic 5" blast marker rule. The only thing I have found is
> in th firefight rules, and it seems that it woudl be clear as to how those
> affectes vehicles with SHWs. Aside from the fact that 5 blast markers maxes
> out the leadership roll (unless you have a big detachment, in which case it
> is 6) I can't find any thing else to indicate that 5 is a magic number.
> Could someone enlighten me?

5 is a magic number because in Assaults and Firefights you have the
potential to give you opponent +1 to the die because you have more Blast
_and_ another +1 because you have 5 Blast. That extra +1 can be
difficult to overcome, thus a det. with 5 Blast will have problems.
That's why I call 5 a magic number.

Paul R. Tobia _O_
"Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon |
full of tapes hurtling down the highway." (Tanenbaum,1996)
ptobia_at_... http://falcon.cc.ukans.edu/~heresy