Re: [Epic] land raider firepower [E40K]

From: <duckrvr_at_...>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 1997 23:26:36 -0500

At 10:24 AM 4/10/97 -0500, you wrote:

>5 is a magic number because in Assaults and Firefights you have the
>potential to give you opponent +1 to the die because you have more Blast
>_and_ another +1 because you have 5 Blast. That extra +1 can be
>difficult to overcome, thus a det. with 5 Blast will have problems.
>That's why I call 5 a magic number.

Okay, then we are reading off the same sheet of music. But I still don't
see where any confusion on how that affects Land Raiders is coming from.
Obviously, it will affect them just like any other troops in assaults and
fire fights, and it has no effect on SHWs. What was confusing me was that
someone made a statement that implied there was some sort of "BIG" effect at
5 markers that would completely prevent firing.

I guess LRs are just really tough. Since they are supposed to be just
barely below a true superheavy (or war engine), I don't think that should
surprise anyone.

Temp