Re: [Epic] HQ Units

From: Mark A Shieh <SHODAN+_at_...>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 1997 14:38:04 -0400 (EDT)

"John Haire"<John_Haire_at_...> writes:
> Detachments that must be lead by a specified model:
>
> Eldar: Harlequins (Great Har. or Shadow Seer)
> Eldar Commander (Avatar or Farseer)

        Also, you can only field the Avatar in the "Eldar Commander"
detachment type, not the "Eldar War Host" detachment.

> Detachments that may be lead by any model and who
> must pay a premium for their HQ unit:
>
> Eldar: War Host
> Eldar Fleet
>
> Detachments that may be lead by any model and who
> do not pay a premium:
>
> Eldar: Engines of Vaul
>
> I hope this helps. I know it helped me.
>
> By all I can tell, the sample Eldar detachment in the
> Armies Book is not legal - it has no designated HQ unit.

        If you list the Eldar War Host in the "do not pay a premium"
section, it is legal. There is nothing preventing a unit from being
both a Psyker and a Commander. Besides, I'm not paying 75 points for
the privilege of fielding a heroic, psychic guardian. Bleh.

        I see no justification for your information besides your word,
so I recommend the change for the War Host to no cost.

Mark