Re: [Epic] epic 40k detachment costs

From: Richard Dewsbery <dewsbery_at_...>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 1997 21:35:13 +0100

> > 25+25 for a captain as compared to 40 for a warboss, 32 for an IG
> > command unit, or 50 for a farseer seems to me as if they are all
> > perfectly consistent. Yes, the SM captain IS more than the ork. > > Man
> > for man, he's a better stand of troops with a better FP, Ass, armour > > and
> > skills.
>
> I don't have my copy of the game yet, so maybe this question
> makes no sense at all, but... Why would they factor this +25 points
> into every commander *except* the SM & CSM ones? Seems pretty silly
> unless the exception is clearly spelled out in the rules (and it
> doesn't sound like that's the case). Unless it's possible to include
> SM captains in your army without making them the HQ? (and it's not
> possible with the other commanders?)
>
> Scott
> shupes_at_...

You're absolutely right, it is a bit daft to have forgotten to include
the +25 into the CSM and SM captain costs. I suppose the way the SM
list is written allows you to have a detachment lead by a captain (with
or without a librarian), or by a librarian, or by an ordinary stand.
 The Eldar Harlequins list makes it strangely expensive to field both a
Great Harlequin and a Shadow Seer in the same detachment (as I believe
the +25 has been added to both units' costs).

But how many rulesets have been unleashed on the public _without_ a few
daft mistakes somewhere?

Richard