Re: [Epic] HQ Units

From: Richard Dewsbery <dewsbery_at_...>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 1997 21:35:18 +0100

> In this respect the Eldar Warhost Detachment is no different
> than the Space Marine Detachment or Space Marine Armor
> Detachment. Both must pay a premium for thier HQ unit,
> regardless of whether or not they take a Captain or Librarian.
>
> If I have misinterpreted the rules, and the Eldar sample
> detachment is correct, then that must mean that the sample
> Space Marine detachment and the SM detachments in the
> Battles Book must be wrong. I can see GW making a mistake
> in one place (the Eldar sample) but not in four (the
> sample marines and scenario detachments).

I think that the example detachments may both be _right_, but they
express the rule in 2 different ways.

> Both the Eldar Warhost and Space Marine Detachments MUST
> choose an HQ detachment. In so doing, they increase the
> cost of said detachment by 25 points. If the Warhost includes
> a Farseer, or if the SM's include a Captain (or Librarian)
> then the Farseer or Captain MUST be the HQ and must pay
> the additional 25 points.
>
> - John Haire

_I_ think that the cost of the Farseer already includes this 25pt
payment, whereas the Captain's cost does not. But I see little point in
debating the matter further until the official answer arrives. We'll
just have to agree to differ until then.

Richard