Re: [Epic] HQ Units

From: <duckrvr_at_...>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 1997 03:43:30 -0500

At 03:12 PM 4/10/97 -0400, you wrote:

>Both the Eldar Warhost and Space Marine Detachments MUST
>choose an HQ detachment. In so doing, they increase the
>cost of said detachment by 25 points. If the Warhost includes
>a Farseer, or if the SM's include a Captain (or Librarian)
>then the Farseer or Captain MUST be the HQ and must pay
>the additional 25 points.

I don't think so. I think they already added the points into the Farseer.
50 points is comparable to the 60 for a librarian, since the librarian has
better stats. Why would anyone in their right mind spend 75 points on a
Farseer when they can buy a Wraithguard stand with a Warlock, designate it
the HQ and come in at 54 points for a unit that is just as good? Why would
a Farseer be 15 points more expensive than a Librarian and have worse stats?
Maybe so they can lead a detachment of Dark Reapers against a detachment of
Devastators led by a Librarian and be inferior in every possible way . . .

Temp