Re: [Epic] Eldar and 40K

From: <duckrvr_at_...>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 1997 03:50:09 -0500

At 03:33 PM 4/10/97 -0400, you wrote:

> FWIW, I didn't think the devs were worth taking either. They
>(DRs) aren't the same cost as thunderers, 62.5 points versus 60 points
>isn't a big deal,

I agree.

> but 3VPs for shooting 2 of them is much worse than
>3VPs for shooting 4 of them.

IIRC, the thunderers are 5 for 300pts. That means they either have a break
point of 3 for 3 pts or 4 for 4 points. Either way it is better, but not
drastically.

>They have a 5cm movement, so in order to
>drop them off in cover, you have to advance them the first turn into
>the *rear* of the cover, and then charge to the front of the cover so
>they can shoot on turn 3, unless your cover is <5 cm thick.
> Basically, the 5cm move crippled them because it meant they
>were in the open or didn't shoot until turn 3 or turn2 advance without
>*optimal* cover. (i.e. a close building only 1cm thick when facing
>other Eldar)

Maybe I'm missing something, but if they are in falcons they can get into
cover on advance orders in turn one as long as the front of the cover is
within 20 cm. That's 20 cm for the falcons to hop over stuff, spread them
out so the DRs can fit between them, and unload them to the rear and to the
side. They can fire that turn. I've done it several times.

Temp