Re: [Epic] Wines, Beer and tree bark

From: Chris Weigt <Christopher.Weigt_at_...>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 1997 08:59:34 +1000 (EST)

On Sun, 13 Apr 1997, Alan Brain wrote:

> Dan Lobb wrote:
>
> > Please recommend a wine that I might find over here.
>
> Anything by Tyrrel's. Anything by Wolf Blass. Anything that's won any
> form of medal in Australia.
MMM, Wolf Blass green label... got a tad tipsy on that during our
last-night-at-boarding-school-at-the-end-of-year-12 celebratory
feast/pissup... great stuff indeed 8)

> > Do you have Mexican food in Australia? I think that is the main reason I
> > can't leave Texas. I eat it 4 or 5 times a week. I lived in the northern
> > U.S. for awhile and starved. They only stocked the most bland sauces in
> > the New York area. It may be different now.
>
> *Chuckle*. I've had some hot Mexican food. In LA. 5-alarm Chilli. But
> compared with some Thai recipes, it was relatively mild. OTOH compared
> to the hottest chili avaialble in Eyrope, it was blistering.
>
> Yes, we do have Mexican food. Yes, we have Thai food. I've had at least
> one Texan guest in my house who didn't believe me when I told him the
> home-made chilli sauce was probably hotter than he was used to. (I'd
> freeze-dried and ground the seeds myself, and they were the teeny Thai
> chillis that are the hottest on earth)
> Fortunately, I pursuaded him to take a spoonfull of the Chilli I'd put a
> teaspoon in, rather than have it straight.
> Sweat poured out. His eyes bulged. He started to hiccup.
> --

One of my geology lecturers makes the best mexican/thai/anything farkinhot
meals. Needless to say our field trips are excellent; we dine very, very
well (those of us that can handle it!)
Chris