Re: [Epic] Wines, Beer and tree bark

From: Jason Stephensen <J.Stephensen_at_...>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 1997 09:30:37 +1000 (EST)

>I realized after I sent that message that you might not be familiar with
>the Monty Python skit about "Fine Australian table wines". It is really
>no worse than what they used to say about California wines. I have had
>some good Aussie wine, Black Opal. No, wait, that is South African...
>Please recommend a wine that I might find over here.

I am aware of the skit and the reference. I have a friend called Bruce and
we bug him about it whenever the topic comes up. I thought all gamers
watched Python?

>Shiner Bock is a dark beer. It is not a stout, I was attempting to be
>humorous about a subject that I am not well versed in. I tend to
>classify them all as beer. (I classify champagne as wine.) I don't
>discuss this with brewers and vintners, as they can get a little
>defensive:P

It's already been noted it's a beer, it's just that I hate beer as it's
bitter. but I love stout and can drink copious amounts of it? (Even I don't
understand it) It's just my older brother turns up in less then a fortnight
and we'll probably hit the Brissie pubs and he knows what the good stuff is
and I thought we might try to track down this Shiner Bock.

>Do you have Mexican food in Australia? I think that is the main reason I
>can't leave Texas. I eat it 4 or 5 times a week. I lived in the northern
>U.S. for awhile and starved. They only stocked the most bland sauces in
>the New York area. It may be different now.

Mexican food is just about my favourite food along with curry. And as Alan
has already said the best is home made.

I only found out last night that chillies are addictive so I got to add
another legal drug to my growing list that I like.

>danlobb_at_...
>...intends no real offense to Australian wines.

None taken 8)
                 Colonel Abrahms, 22nd NU-Atol Regiment
                 Rekartot Redbacks Senior Coach
                   "He dosen't know what he wants.