Re: [Epic][E40k]Flyers

From: The Ogre <the.ogre_at_...>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 1997 01:41:27 -0700

Mark A Shieh wrote:

> I'm having trouble with the flyer rules. Specifically, there
> are two things I'm having trouble with.
>
> 1) Shooting down flyers.
>
> Here's my current understanding, but I'm not sure. Roll to
> hit them. This is usually the standard roll against armour, so
> usually a 5+. If you hit them, roll again vs. armor. If you
> penetrate, they're destroyed. If not, they're sent back to repair.
>
> If this is correct, does this mean that there is only a 1 in
> 36 chance of destroying a T-hawk each time it goes out? And since it
> is sent back to be repaired after it is hit, you only get one chance
> to destroy it?

Aye thats true, but flak weapons get one dice to hit per fire power of
the flak unit .... So more firepower=more dice... But yes, it is
f***ing awkaward.. Especailly at the moment, the shops for e40k gaming
will not let you use Doomdiver Magnas for flak wagons, oh well! So
every army is at the mercy of the Thunderhawk! Or at least so it seems!
> 2) Dogfighting
>
> It says to work your way down from initiative. It doesn't
> mention alternating fire. Does this mean that if I have 5 Nightwings
> (4/2 assault) and 5 Fighta-Bommerz(3/2 assault), each of the
> Nightwings will try to shoot one of the Fighta-Bommerz before they can
> retaliate? This could suck for the Orks.

Yeah so it seems.... Personally though, I think you should have the
opportunity to counter intercept the interceptors... sorta like an
escort for bombing raids ready to fight of bomber interceptors... It
could make the flyer missions a little aggrivating with people having
hundereds of small flyer dets to try and gain an un-contested attack...
but what the hey.... Its up to the General

> Thanks,
> Mark

Laterz