Re: [Epic][E40k]Flyers

From: Mark A Shieh <SHODAN+_at_...>
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 1997 12:33:40 -0400 (EDT)

        I'm having trouble with the flyer rules. Specifically, there
are two things I'm having trouble with.

        1) Shooting down flyers.

        Here's my current understanding, but I'm not sure. Roll to
hit them. This is usually the standard roll against armour, so
usually a 5+. If you hit them, roll again vs. armor. If you
penetrate, they're destroyed. If not, they're sent back to repair.

        If this is correct, does this mean that there is only a 1 in
36 chance of destroying a T-hawk each time it goes out? And since it
is sent back to be repaired after it is hit, you only get one chance
to destroy it?

        2) Dogfighting

        It says to work your way down from initiative. It doesn't
mention alternating fire. Does this mean that if I have 5 Nightwings
(4/2 assault) and 5 Fighta-Bommerz(3/2 assault), each of the
Nightwings will try to shoot one of the Fighta-Bommerz before they can
retaliate? This could suck for the Orks.

Thanks,
Mark