Re: [Epic] [E40k] Misc. Minor Foulups (wishlist)

From: Paul Tobia <heresy_at_...>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 1997 10:40:54 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 14 Apr 1997, Alan Brain wrote:

> Some (IMHO) glitches
>
> 1. Eldar Guardians. These have some form of armour - better than Imp Gd,
> anyway. They should have an armour of 4 (and cost 10 pts)
>
> 2. Aspect Warriors should have an armour of 5, equal to SMs, and cost
> more (12 pts).
>
> 3. Space Marine Scouts should lose their rapid-fire ability, decrease
> their CC, and their armour should be 3. They should, of course, be
> radically cheaper as a result (11 pts).
>
> 4. How come Chaos Thousand Sons CSMs cost 1 pt more than SMs, while
> having identical stats? (not complaining, an observation).

5. Terminators should have +Hero, not +Save. (Orks got it with Nobs,
Eldar got it with Exarchs.)

6. Bio-Titans should regenerate DC on a 4+. If it ever gets to 0DC
immediately roll on Catastrophic (no "back from the dead").

7. Flak units should be 45cm range. This will provide and actual
"umbrella" of protection 15cm around the Flak unit. Expecially
considering the Intercept rules where the only way to beat Nightwings is
to outnumber them.

8. War Engine skimmers need to declare pop-ups in the normal Shooting
Phase. This can be rationalized by the ponderous movement of WE opposed
to normal vehicles. This allows normal inf. and vehicles a shot at the
WE.

9. Ork Crit. tables shouldn't be so harsh... they've got non-regen shields
and less armor than Imps... they shouldn't get screwed in the Crit. tables
too.

I guess this might be more of a wishlist... oh well.

> It would be nice to have a list of what Old stuff corresponds to the New
> Stuff. We know Bubblechukker = DeathRay etc but there are a few
> oddities. Like Mole Mortars. Support (AT) or Artillery? or just MIA?

I'd just use them as Support Weapon Batteries.

Paul R. Tobia _O_
"Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon |
full of tapes hurtling down the highway." (Tanenbaum,1996)
ptobia_at_... http://falcon.cc.ukans.edu/~heresy