RE: [Epic] Epic 40K Detachment Size

From: James Payne <paynej_at_...>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 1997 11:31:29 EST

> Maybe its the Ork mentality...but it is REALLY tempting
> to make most of my mobs enormous. Is there something
> obviously wrong with these types of mobs? (besides
> being somewhat hard to manage).

I did this in the first game I played....and paid a price. I lost
because my "mob" (while being very Orky) was just too unwieldy. The
slow troops held the vehicles back due to the 30 cm chain of command.

> My army configuration so far consists of large mobs
> with specific missions (artillery, hand-to-hand, anti-
> Titan) and smaller mobs that are delegated to quick
> response / guard duty of the larger mobs.

I divided my second army this way, and got better results. It's
really easy to make ork detachments for specific missions IMHO. I
really like this about the new game. I've found that nothing scares
those Imperial Guard artillery pansys more than a Cult of Speed
marching around to flank their guns and wipe out all that arty.

James Payne
paynej_at_...