Re: [Epic] [E40k] Misc. Minor Foulups

From: Mark A Shieh <SHODAN+_at_...>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 1997 12:53:05 -0400 (EDT)

Alan Brain <aebrain_at_...> writes:
> Some (IMHO) glitches

        I guess I'm still being argumentative, and while I agree in
many cases, I can see the counterargument.

> 2. Aspect Warriors should have an armour of 5, equal to SMs, and cost
> more (12 pts).

        The Orks have just as good armor as IG, I thought (Flak?).
But they have a toughness of 4, which appears to be worth a point of
armor. Space Marines have 3+ armor and the 4 toughness. Aspect
Warriors only have an armor of 3+/4+ (depends), and 3 toughness.

> 3. Space Marine Scouts should lose their rapid-fire ability, decrease
> their CC, and their armour should be 3. They should, of course, be
> radically cheaper as a result (11 pts).

        Agreed, but they are still harder to kill than Orks, I
thought. 4 Toughness like Orks, and 4+ Carapace instead of 5+ Flak.

> 4. How come Chaos Thousand Sons CSMs cost 1 pt more than SMs, while
> having identical stats? (not complaining, an observation).

        Or for that matter, how come generic CSMs cost the same as SMs
but don't have Stubborn?

> It would be nice to have a list of what Old stuff corresponds to the New
> Stuff. We know Bubblechukker = DeathRay etc but there are a few
> oddities. Like Mole Mortars. Support (AT) or Artillery? or just MIA?

        I think that the Infantry support sized Artillery are MIA.

Mark