Re: [Epic] Eldar Super Heavies (er I mean War Engines)

From: The Ogre <the.ogre_at_...>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 1997 19:10:14 -0700

Mark A Shieh wrote:

> The Ogre <the.ogre_at_...> writes:
> > Mark A Shieh wrote:

> > > Doh! Back to the closet with you useless pointy-hats!
> > >
> > Well, it is the same with all armies....
> > All the war engines are seperate detachments.....
>
> Yes, but the Guardians have the additional penalty of being
> absolutely worthless in all respects. Their one highlight, 2FP, is
> completely overshadowed by their 15cm guns. I just can't find a
> single use for the poor guys, unlike any other basic trooper.
> Imperial Guardsmen have always at least had the saving grace of being
> dirt cheap for a trooper that dies in droves.
>
> Mark

The games that I have played against eldar opponents are perfectly happy
with this (to a degree). As they basically can stay on Assault orders
and run straight up the field and get mixed up in Firefights pretty
quickly, this is their saving grace, that they can seriously mix it up
in firefights. That firepower 2 is rather nasty!
I had a game where a detachement were hounding the end of my Ork det. as
they were beating me on firepower quite nastily!
But aaaahhhh! To mash pointy ears in CC is bliss :-)

LOL

Laterz