Re: [Epic] GW Substitutions

From: DLIL-Lewiston, Kris <ponchoc_at_...>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 1997 02:10:47 -0500

Chen-Song Qin wrote:

> On Mon, 14 Apr 1997, DLIL-Lewiston, Kris wrote:
>
> > I like the idea of a page for alternative miniatures for the GW games.
> > Though, I do have to agree that the information to date on your page is
> > somewhat sparse. You may wish to add the minifigs lines to your page as
> > substitutes for some of the Epic tanks and APC's. I have been using
> > Bradley fighting vehicles as Rhino's for over a year now. They are in
> > the GHZ line of modern micro armor.
>
> Whoa, wait a minute. Why are you using BFV's as Rhinos? The GHQ
> microarmor stuff is also very expensive(now), and the plastic rhino is
> probably one of the cheaper miniatures in the GW line.

I was given most of a motorized divisions TO&E including the entire BFV
complement. They look very good on the table with the Space Marine
figs, so I have been using them instead of the rhino plastic. The
rhinos have been undergoing modifications to whirlwind and predator
status.

I have also found that the A-1 Abrhams tanks make good predators(though
without the sponsons). Also the bridge layers make for interesting
scenarios (they knocked down the bridge sir...well call in the engineers
:-) ).

Yes, the micro armor has undergone some price hiking over the last few
years, but the line has many vehicles that work for almost any army. I
particularly like the engineering tanks based on the M-60 chassis. Dozer
blades and tank guns go so well together.

Thank you,
Poncho Caine (no I'm not Hispanic)