Re: [Epic] GW Substitutions

From: Chen-Song Qin <cqin_at_...>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 1997 12:56:28 -0600 (MDT)

On Tue, 15 Apr 1997, DLIL-Lewiston, Kris wrote:

> I was given most of a motorized divisions TO&E including the entire BFV
> complement. They look very good on the table with the Space Marine
> figs, so I have been using them instead of the rhino plastic. The
> rhinos have been undergoing modifications to whirlwind and predator
> status.

man, man, you're lucky. I wish someone would give ME a motorized
division:)
Don't you think the GHQ stuff are kind of small though, compared to the
GW stuff? I noticed that rhinos have a higher silhouette than my M60A3's.

> I have also found that the A-1 Abrhams tanks make good predators(though
> without the sponsons). Also the bridge layers make for interesting
> scenarios (they knocked down the bridge sir...well call in the engineers
> :-) ).

Also, I've been using Soviet BTR-50's and German Raketen Panzers (without
the missile mounting) as Imperial Guard Chimera equivalents.

> Yes, the micro armor has undergone some price hiking over the last few
> years, but the line has many vehicles that work for almost any army. I
> particularly like the engineering tanks based on the M-60 chassis. Dozer
> blades and tank guns go so well together.

A store around here used to sell some of the old GHQ/RAFM plastic bags for
$2.25 or $1.25 each.(Cdn $ no less) That's how I built up the above
mentioned Tech Guard mechanized company for about $2.50 (Cdn) and some
Eldar Guardians with sawed-off "dunce caps".