Re: [Epic] GW Substitutions

From: DLIL-Lewiston, Kris <ponchoc_at_...>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 1997 02:17:03 -0500

oki_at_... wrote:

> >Also, I know of several people who have been using resin cast kits to
> >make Rhino's, and other somewhat large vehicles for 40K for quite some
> >time. The price of the kits, and the restocking of the resin is a bit
> >expensive, but no where near as expensive as going out and buying a GW
> >Demolisher or Jet-bike box set.
> >

> How is the result/ quality ? Is the effort worth it :) ? I have read some
> description of the process - so I thought I would rather give tuition to
> make some money to buy those models rather than make them. But it is just me
> I suppose.
>
> Regards
> Oki

Not too bad though the smaller the mini the worse the product. Anything
smaller than a tank tends to become a blob. Rhinos and Land Raiders turn
out pretty well with about 1 in 6 being useful only as destroyed
vehicles. Though, I will admit, the people I know who do this have more
time to try this out than I do.

It tends to take about an hour to three hours to get the resin to set.
And about thirty minutes to set up the molds if you haven't cast them
permanently.