Re: [Epic] terminators E40K

From: The Ogre <the.ogre_at_...>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 1997 21:00:55 -0700

James Payne wrote:

> > Who thinks that the new E40K temrinators should have the HERO ability
> > rather than just SAVE. In SM 2nd Ed they had +6 CAF comapred to +2 for
> > regular marines, surely they deserve the better assault CC abilities in
> > E40K?
>
> I thought this initially, but then one of my opponents payed the
> point cost to "mount" terminators in every single one of his
> landraiders. This meant that thelandraiders now got a save...can you say "next
> to impossible to destroy"? I'd hate to see them get the doubled
> close assault value as well...assaulting these "super landraiders"
> is about the only hope us Orks had.
>
> James Payne
> paynej_at_...

What the hell are you on? Of course he doesn't get a save duh!
He is fooling ya big style!
He gets a 4+ save to save his termis for when his LR blows up and sees
whether it takes the termis with it or not, but that is it. You cannot
save on the 4+ if you fail to make the 4+ to get out by the way too!

Please think sense!

Laterz