Re: [Epic] blast markers vs super-heavies

From: Alan Brain <aebrain_at_...>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 1997 01:22:08 -0700

The Ogre wrote:

> richard milton baird wrote:

> > Landraiders have 2 anti-tank weapons apiece which are considerd heavy
> > weapons.
> > This means that Landraiders can pick and choose their targets from within
> > a detachment (rather than taking the nearest ones).

> nope, they have to shoot the nearest target they can effect. In other
> words, yes, the nearest thing.

Errr... but Anti-Tank weapons are Super Heavy Weapons, are they not? In
fact, they're top of the list of SHWs. SHW does NOT mean "War Engine
Weapons". And it states quite clearly that with SHWs, you can pick point
targets, any unit, not neccessarily the closest.

> > Does this also mean that they have to roll to lock on in order to shoot
> > at things during if they are on assault orders?

> Aye, that they do. 4+ roll to lockon.

Agree.

> > How does these rules work for whirlwhinds and other atry?

> It doesn't, the lock on only applies to SHW's

Er... but Barrage weapons ARE SHWs. They're in the SHW section. OTOH
normal,
as opposed to Heavy, Barrage weapons are not SHWs when it comes to blast
markers.
The question is, are Heavy Barrages SHWs when it comes to apportioning
blast markers? The text says they are "similar in most ways" to
barrages. I've interpreted this to mean similar, but not identical, if a
unit of Manticores fires with an FP of 24, you get 2 BMs for 9+ SHWs,
and 3 for 24+ FP, total 5.
Whereas a unit of Whirlwinds only adds its FPs to the unit it's with. No
extra BMs for SHW status.

--
100026.2014 compuserve o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo     oo oo     oo
See http://www.z-world.com/graphics/z/master/8856.gif for picture