Re: [Epic] GW Substitutions

From: Alan Brain <aebrain_at_...>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 1997 01:04:59 -0700

Quick and Dirty method for making very cheap and nasty copies of simple
figures.

Ingredients:
Plasticine (Silly Putty in the USA?)
Araldite or similar 2-part resin glue.
Butter or cooking oil.
Aluminium foil,

Tools
Refrigerator/Freezer.
Sharp Knife.

First, dip your figure in the grease. Try and leave a thin film. Pure N
Simple works well.
Second, cover figure with plasticine. First, make a bed, then press
figure to be cast into it. Now cover the plasticine with a little oil,
then some foil, cutting a hole in the foil in the general vicinity of
the figurine.
Third, more oil, then cover with plasticine. Squeeze HARD.
Fourth, put it in the fridge, so the plasticine sets rock hard.
Fifth, seperate the halves. You may have to straighten out either one or
both halves a bit.
Sixth, fill both halves with Araldite. Wait till tacky, then put the two
halves together.

This is tried and tested with some 1/3600 ships, and even a few simple
1/300 figurines no longer available. And one or two I'd made myself.
Quality is low, about the same as the cheapest metal figs.

--
100026.2014 compuserve o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo     oo oo     oo
See http://www.z-world.com/graphics/z/master/8856.gif for picture