Re: [Epic] [E40k] - the FAQs

From: Spatula <shupes_at_...>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 1997 16:00:20 -0400

> From: Richard Dewsbery <dewsbery_at_...>
>
> Right. I'll appoint myself official FAQ monitor (everyone is always
> saying I know how to FAQ things up).
>
> Jervis is going to get a little ticked off if we all send him e-mails
> with questions, particularly as we'll ask the same questions, so I'll
> volunteer to send a regular set of queries to him and collate his
> replies.

        For those of you who are just joining us, this list already
has an official Q&A guy - Allen McCarley, who was voted in some time
ago. Of course, Allen only dealt with 2ed questions and maybe he's
not interested in the job anymore, I don't know. But he already has
a working relationship established with the Primarchs and has done
a very good job in the past.

        At the very least I think the list should vote on the matter
as we've done before, unless Allen no longer wants the job and there
are no other volunteers.

        Richard, do you have a website to post answers to? If not,
would anyone like to volunteer to have their site host the E40k Q&As?
You can check out Allen's site to see what he's done with them.
http://work1.utsi.edu:8000/~amccarle/QA.html

> You may remember I posted JJ's official response to 4 questions
> recently. Well, just to be capricious I sent the same questions to GWUS
> customer services - and got some very different answers!!
>
> It's DEFINATELY time for an official FAQ.

        GWUS has always been a very unreliable source of rule
clarifications/answers. Which is why the list has had an official
Q&A guy since Andy & Jervis came online...

Scott
shupes_at_...