Re: [Epic] Army composition, battle report

From: Aaron P Teske <Mithramuse+_at_...>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 1997 17:37:21 -0400 (EDT)

Excerpts from Epic: 16-Apr-97 Re: [Epic] Army composition.. by Mark A
Shieh_at_...
> Spatula <shupes_at_...> writes:
> > Is this true? Hordes of troops & guns are no longer more
> > than a match for the big war machines? Is so, damn, there goes my
> > whole army... =(

Actually, I'd say a horde of troops could lay some serious hurt on a war
engine... if it can get into position. Unfortunately, since war engines
always move in the assault phase that means they should be able to
position themselves to only have to worry about a couple stands, not an
entire horde... that depends on initiative, there, of course.

> Not true, IMHO. In Epic 2nd edition, I felt the best way to
> take out Titans was with big guns, say -2SM or bigger. This wasn't
> found on anything smaller than a MBT. (You could also Thundercheese
> it, but I'm ignoring that).

Oh? And what happened to your vibrocannon?

> If you take tanks and flyers, there should be no trouble at
> all shooting down titans.

Well, flyers seem to have mostly FP attacks, which probably isn't the
absolute best thing... AT & (of course) DR shots would be great for the
finishing blow.

>If you're insistent on nothing larger than
> a man, you're in trouble. Infantry support weapons aren't mobile
> enough to take on a Titan running around. But the only anti-big
> things that Bayani took were 4 heavy stands and 2 Predators. Not
> enough to down a Titan.

Leman Russes, Mark. Not Predators. Yeesh. ^_-

                    Aaron Teske
                    Mithramuse+_at_...