Re: [Epic] Army composition, battle report

From: Timothy J. Kilgore <tkilgore_at_...>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 1997 18:36:45 -0400 (EDT)

At 04:02 PM 4/16/97 -0400, you wrote:
>> From: Bayani R Caes <LordSigma+_at_...>
>>
>> > Our group has played a total of one game, with unbalanced
>> > forces. (I chose stompy troops, he didn't.
>>
>> I mentioned this in the store the next day, the bit about needing to
>> take big nasty stuff. It's an insiduous plan: to have a chance against
>> the other guy, you need to take big (ergo money-expensive) units.
>
> Is this true? Hordes of troops & guns are no longer more
>than a match for the big war machines? Is so, damn, there goes my
>whole army... =(

Not so. I took down a warlord with an Avatar, and 5 Aspects with exarchs in
Hand to Hand, with 10 jet bikes in fire support, 4 wraithguard in fire
support and a Revenant in fire support. It was absolute overkill.
Unfortunately on the Crit roll I made it blew up big time taking out the 5
aspects with exarchs.but not the avatar

                Timothy J. Kilgore
                tkilgore_at_...

You know Aerosmith is getting old when they start singing songs about thier
aching joints "Falling in Love is Hard on your Knees"