Re: [Epic] Eldar Super Heavies (er I mean War Engines)

From: Chris Weigt <Christopher.Weigt_at_...>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 1997 09:07:45 +1000 (EST)

On Wed, 16 Apr 1997 duckrvr_at_... wrote:

> At 03:29 AM 4/16/97 -0400, you wrote:
>
> >> Marines should be PROTECTED by riding in a Rhino. =
> >
> > Just like in real life, eh? :)
>
> Actually, anything that penetrates the armor on an APC will hose whoever is
> in it, and sometimes you don't need to actually penetrate it. In a combat
> situation I'd just as soon be on my own feet as in a light armored vehicle.
>
> Temp

Altho my own military service was cut short, I still have a lot of friends
in the various forces here in Oz. Best story I heard is about one of my
friend's brothers, who was a tank driver untill he heard the average life
expectancy of a tank in a modern theatre of war. So he decided to switch
to APC's, then found out just how easy it is to splat one with just about
anything bigger than an infantry carried MG! Needless to say he switched
back to tanks...
Chris