Re: [Epic][E40k] A few comments on E40k

From: Mark A Shieh <SHODAN+_at_...>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 1997 23:39:47 -0400 (EDT)

Jeff Schmidt <jschmidt_at_...> writes:
> Experience is the best instructor... so does anyone
> have any relevant battle reports of how war machines perform? I caught the
> one about the Revenant (holo-fields seem to rock if you continue to roll
> well), but what about the others?

        There was a problem we had. How do holo fields work exactly.
Say some poor IG stand shoots his 1FP at the Revenant and hits. The
holo field saves the blow. If this had been a void shield, the Titan
would then take a blast marker. But what happens in this case?

        But yeah, I think of the Revenant as essentially having one
mistake. You're great until the holo fields screw up the second time.
Chances of blowing up on one hit are very small (1 in 6), and the
chance of surviving the second are about 4%, AFAIK... Of course,
you're immobilized or holo fields go down more often than not after
the first hit, so the second one might come sooner.

Mark