[Epic] [E40k] Holo and Blast (was: A few comments on E40k)

From: Paul Tobia <heresy_at_...>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 1997 10:59:39 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 17 Apr 1997, Mark A Shieh wrote:

> Jeff Schmidt <jschmidt_at_...> writes:
> > Experience is the best instructor... so does anyone
> > have any relevant battle reports of how war machines perform? I caught the
> > one about the Revenant (holo-fields seem to rock if you continue to roll
> > well), but what about the others?
>
> There was a problem we had. How do holo fields work exactly.
> Say some poor IG stand shoots his 1FP at the Revenant and hits. The
> holo field saves the blow. If this had been a void shield, the Titan
> would then take a blast marker. But what happens in this case?

I consider it a hit, since the hitddice were rolled sucessfully. The
Holo-Field is a save, so in our gaming group the titan takes the blast.

Paul R. Tobia _O_
"Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon |
full of tapes hurtling down the highway." (Tanenbaum,1996)
ptobia_at_... http://falcon.cc.ukans.edu/~heresy