Re: [Epic] Gorgon?

From: J. Michael Looney <mlooney_at_...>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 1997 08:40:50 -0500

Alan Brain wrote:

> Joseph Michael Looney wrote:
>
> > In truth, I was looking at making the the Engineer vehicle, as in 1st Ed
> > Epic, where it could lay or remove minefields. I was thinking War
> > Engine would be correct.
>
> Don't have the stats for the 1st edition one. But I DO have the models.
> The
> 2nd edition ones are larger, and open.
> If you look _real_ close at the 2nd edition rules (the book with the Imp
> on)
> you'll see _both_ varieties together in the background.

1st ed stats (from WD124, I think)
AR 0 SV 4+ CAF 0/-2 Spd 12/16 BR 150
Auto-Cannon (Tt1) Bolters (SwR2) (SwL2)
Minesweeper & Minelayer, Aroured Vehicle

Minesweeper rules
"When ever the Gorgon moves within 5cm of a mine counter roll a D6 on a
1-5 the mine is destroyed and on a 6 the mine detonates"

Minelayer rules
"One mine may be relased at any time during the Gorgon's move - Place a
counter at the appropriaite point. The mine becomes active at the start
of the next phase. A mine ignores void shields and causes critical
damage on a 2+. The Gorgon carries 4 mines.

<Note all of the above is for 1st Ed Epic. This ability was lost in
2nd ed and of course the whole damn thing is gone in 3rd>