RE: [Epic][E40k] A few comments on E40k

From: Peacekeeper-� <jnug1453_at_...>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 1997 11:19:31 -0400

One thing I noticed. Most people seem to be creating general purpose detac=
hments. I.E A few shooty units, a few cc unitcs, ect. Has anyone given thou=
gh to specilized detachments. This doesn't mean you have to have all the sa=
me unit, just a specifiec mission in line. I play eldar, so this occurs a l=
ittle mor naturally, especally since they have such small detachments that =
you almost have to use diffrent detachments for diffrent missions. For inst=
ance.

Eldar Fire support Detachment.

5 Dark reapers with Exarchs in Falco=
ns.
4 dreadnoughts
9 support platforms.

The dread's have a good close asa=
ult value to fend off attackrs and giveng the Dark reapers exarchs gives th=
em a respectable CAF. This should provide some defence against CC. Also eve=
rything has a 45cm range, so you should punish most opponents from a distan=
ce. Also, that much firepower should place enough blast markers to slow dow=
n your opponent.
        I havn't had a chance to test this yet, so it is a theor=
y, but I would like to know what everyone thinks.

                                                -james