RE: [Epic][E40k] A few comments on E40k

From: Timothy J. Kilgore <tkilgore_at_...>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 1997 12:14:04 -0400 (EDT)

At 11:19 AM 4/18/97 -0400, you wrote:

>One thing I noticed. Most people seem to be creating general purpose
detachments. I.E A few shooty units, a few cc unitcs, ect. Has anyone given
though to specilized detachments. This doesn't mean you have to have all the
same unit, just a specifiec mission in line. I play eldar, so this occurs a
little mor naturally, especally since they have such small detachments that
you almost have to use diffrent detachments for diffrent missions. For instance.

>Eldar Fire support Detachment.
>
>5 Dark reapers with Exarchs in Falcons.
>4 dreadnoughts
>9 support platforms.
>
>The dread's have a good close asault value to fend off attackrs and giveng
the Dark reapers exarchs gives them a respectable CAF. This should provide
some defence against CC. Also everything has a 45cm range, so you should
punish most opponents from a distance. Also, that much firepower should
place enough blast markers to slow down your opponent.
> I havn't had a chance to test this yet, so it is a theory, but I would
like to know what everyone thinks.

> -james

Depends on your playing style. I tried something like that and they were
completly useless most of the game, they were out of range. My playing
stlye has me on the opponents side of the board, assault dive behind cover,
assualt. So fire support doesnt work for me too well. Whats your gaming style

                Timothy J. Kilgore
                tkilgore_at_...

You know Aerosmith is getting old when they start singing songs about thier
aching joints "Falling in Love is Hard on your Knees"