Re: [Epic] [E40k] Misc. Minor Foulups

From: The Ogre <the.ogre_at_...>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 1997 22:36:48 -0700

Alan Brain wrote:

> The Ogre wrote:
>
> > Alan Brain wrote:
>
> > > Some (IMHO) glitches
> > > 1. Eldar Guardians. These have some form of armour - better than Imp Gd,
> > > anyway. They should have an armour of 4 (and cost 10 pts)
> > > 2. Aspect Warriors should have an armour of 5, equal to SMs, and cost
> > > more (12 pts).
>
> > I dont agree with this. Armour 4+. Cos they only have toughness 3 do
> > not forget, and in the mechanics of 40K that makes em a sierra load
> > easier to kill!
>
> Fair enough. I don't have WH40K, was going entirely by 'fluff'.
>
> > > 3. Space Marine Scouts should lose their rapid-fire ability, decrease
> > > their CC, and their armour should be 3. They should, of course, be
> > > radically cheaper as a result (11 pts).
>
> > Now you are just being stupid.
>
> Well, it wouldn't be the first time... but why? Scouts don't have that
> wonderful
> carapace armour SMs have. At the moment, they have armour equal to a
> fully carapaced SM, not the in-training neophytes they're supposed to
> be. I've been convinced that they have flak or similar armour to an Ork,
> and also a superior-to-Ork's toughness, so armour should be 4 not 3. But
> the principle holds - or do you know something I don't? (wouldn't be the
> first time for that, either).

LOL - Well Scouts are half marines, and as I play every GW system
going, and gone, they are effectively marines. ALTHOUGH they dont have
power armour, they do have their carapace scout armour. But pretty much
the mechanics of trying to kill scout marines in 40K, is pretty damn
similar for the normal Squad. So in the long run of things, the Scouts
would have the same save.
And hey, I am not being prejudciced, I have an Ork E40K army, and a bug
one. No beekees round here mate

Laterz