Re: [Epic] Those Super Heavy weapons - long (winded)

From: The Ogre <the.ogre_at_...>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 1997 22:46:52 -0700

Andy Meechan wrote:

> Well, I can't point to where it says they aren't affected, because they are.
> But I CAN point that out to you. Page 31, in the box "SHWs and Blast
> markers," paragraph 1, last sentence - "The number of SHWs fired . . . before
> modification for Assaulting, _BLAST MARKERS_, etc."
>
> So they clearly ARE affected by Blast markers. If you don't like it, make a
> house rule.
>

> Phew! thanks for actually quoting (although the sentence runs "The
> number of blast markers placed..." in my manual). It seems, with
> reference to 'the detachment' that the point is still slightly
> ambiguous where you have a mix of Land Raiders and infantry - after
> all, do you then play that a SHWeapon is affected by Assault orders

Well, if you fire with your SHW in your detachments, then you roll your
FP stuff first, and resolve it with blast markers, then you do your SHW
stuff from the detachment .

Seems fairly logical to me yes?

> (e.g. of 3 Death Rays only 2 fire)? And what then gets preference when
> blast markers reduce the FP of the detachment - FP or SHWeapons?
>
> I'll drop out here as the thread seems to be stalemate (i.e. i'm still
> not convinced) and the rest of the list will be getting bored.
> Rulesboyz_at_gwus seem to think the same way I do, but for the real
> answer we have to await the primarchs.

Dont ask the rool boyz. No offense to them, but they are rarely in the
position of being able to answer a question logically. That facility is
for pubescent 14 year olds who argue and bet on who is right, and who is
not!

> Is anyone collecting FAQs to pass on to GWUK?

> -Andy-

We should just mail them as we please really. It is a good way, as we
seem to have the most vocal, and only serious playtesting group beyond
the design studio staff. And yet even though they have played the game,
they have not pointed stuff out that we have blatantly and quickly
pointed out! What were they thinking? No body knows
Wether they like it or not, who knows, and it would be nice to hear some
interaction like some other game systems, I dont see why they can't.
But I suppose it is one of those big brother things. I dont even know
wether they listen anymore!
And goddamn, I certainly hope this stuff we sendem get through to the
Dwarf.

Anyway.........

Laterz