Re: [Epic][E40k] The cheap Eldar detachment

From: DLIL-Lewiston, Kris <ponchoc_at_...>
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 1997 15:41:42 -0500

Oh, forgot...Battle reports...must consult my seer runes (shuffles
through papers)...Ah ha there they are.

1st battle-
Hive world/ Dawn Assault
Chaos defender
Eldar(me) attacker

Chaos 1000pts.
Daemon prince w/assault/psyker/skimmer/rampage (biy did he suck, killed
a titan and my war walkers :( )

Lord of Battles
3 khorne daemon engines
blood thirster(HQ)
4 bloodletters

Chaos lord(HQ)+land raider
2 Terminator units (khorne berzerkers)
8 CSM squads (4 veteran, 2noise marines, 2 berserkers)

Support-
4 dreadnaughts
4 land raiders

I think I wrote it all down, haven't tallied the points I think it was
around 1000 though.

Turn 1
I blow through my side of the board, end up inside of the ruins in the
middle of the board. my jet bikes luck out on there terrain rolls and
hit the land raiders flank, the war walkers CC the land raiders and
take out 3 of them. the last raider cant get away and dies (I love that
rule). my falcons do a pop up but 1 dies and I kill nothing with them.
the avatar hits the ruins and can't reach anything (miss judge the
range). the lord of battles fires on a revenant I save I fire and don't
get a single hit on it.

Turn 2-
His Termies CC the Avatar, the avatar mops the floor with the one in
base contact. The jet bikes and war walkers charge the daemon engines
(the CC was nasty I lost a jet bike and a war walker). the revenants
move into position and open up on the lord of battles, after the smoke
clears I have a damaged Revenant and he has a cratter. the chaos
beserkers charge my warp spiders and the swoops and they died badly.

Turn 3-

the daemon prince and the bloodletter/bloodthirsters CC my falcons, the
Night wings attack the daemon prince but no wounds (all the Night wings
die though)(I had forgotten to move the Night Wings on the previous
turns, my mistake). My wraithgaurd and scouts open fire on his war
engines, he actually losses one to the fire to my suprise. My avatar
then hits the other termie, It DIES!!!!! ha ha ha termies suck.
the daemon prince charges the war walkers, they die.

turn 4-
the daemon prince charges the revenant nearest him, the revenant dies(
it was the damaged one). His dreads fire on my dark reapers they
suddenly are gone.

the result was I held most of the objectives, though I had most of my
forces destroyed.
We agreed that I had won the battle due to his loss of high point units.

SOON TO COME-
battle report 2

Poncho Caine (Eldar Farseer)
(a.k.a. Kris Lewison)