Re: [Epic][E40k] The cheap Eldar detachment

From: DLIL-Lewiston, Kris <ponchoc_at_...>
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 1997 14:41:56 -0500

This is the detachment I have been using to test out the new Eldar
points in E40K. So far I have won 3 out of 4 battles, (2 vs. Chaos, 2
vs. SM). Of the 4 battles the one I lost was to the Space Marines. They
had lots of air superiority (4 thunderbolt squads, and 4 Thawks).

Detachment composition:

Avatar 40pts.
Bodygaurd wraithgaurd + warlock 29pts.

Main-
Farseer 50pts.
Swooping Hawk unit + Exarch 15pts.
Warp spider unit 14pts.
Gaurdian Jet bike squad(2units) 30pts.
Gaurdian Jet bike squad(2units) 30pts.
Dark reaper unit + Exarch 21pts.

Support-
War Walker squad (2units) 48pts.
War walker squad (1 unit) 24pts.
3 Falcon grav tanks 87pts.

War Engine Detachment-
2 Revenant scout titans 370pts.

Eldar fleet detachment-
3 Night Wing Interceptors(1 is HQ) 145pts.

Total Points Cost- 903pts.

So far the only thing I have noticed, is that I need more Air support,
and possibly some Dreadnaghts.
Also that my forces are more or less set up for fire fights and pin
point CC attacks.
The titans tend to herd infantry into killing zones, or mows them down
like a scythe.
The Avatar has suprisingly taken out a Chaos Warlord, a Bane Lord , and
11 infantry stands so far.
I will probably on the next run change the Avatar for a Farseer on a
vyper, so he can keep up with the rest of the force.