[Epic] [E40k] Strength and Morale (was: The cheap Eldar detachment)

From: Paul Tobia <heresy_at_...>
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 1997 18:49:09 -0500 (CDT)

On Sat, 19 Apr 1997, Mark A Shieh wrote:

> I understand the overwhelming desire to field 3 Nightwings,
> but 3 is a *terrible* number. If he shoots one down, you lose 3
> morale. Odd numbers are really bad these days. (I checked all of the
> bug-ridden examples, and they always rounded up for half strength)
> Please inform me if this is incorrect, as I'll go back to using
> odd-sized detachments.

My understanding of the rules is that you take the Morale hit when a
detachment goes to "half starting Strength or less." Thus you don't go to
1/2 or less when you lose one of three, but you do go to 1/2 or less when
you lose two out of three.

In short you'll need to take out an extra unit in odd numbered
detachments to get below half strength. If I have 7 units in a det.
taking out three and leaving four is not half or over is it? :)

Paul R. Tobia _O_
"Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon |
full of tapes hurtling down the highway." (Tanenbaum,1996)
ptobia_at_... http://falcon.cc.ukans.edu/~heresy