Re: [Epic] E40K Knights

From: Elias Tiliakos <elite_at_...>
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 97 19:28:59 EST

Well, in light of people having problems with a variety of
things that apply to Knights, I thought I'd have a go with
coming up with some rules for them. I have read all of the
other posts, don't worry.

Personally, I think Knights should not be given "infantry"
status, as I think they are both too big and too powerful
for that kind of "demotion" to the ranks. Thus, my analysis
will reflect this.

OK, here goes:

Since people feel that the doubling Assault rule would get too
complicated (especially during a heated battle), I'll base my
estimations of Assault on the average of the two values from
TL.

Unit Speed Range FP Assault Armor Special
Knight
Paladin 20cm 45cm 3 6 4+ *

Knight
Errant 20cm 30cm 4 5 4+ *

Knight
Lancer 25cm 45cm 3 3 4+ *,Close Sup

Knight
Crusader/ 15cm 60cm 2xAT 3 5+ *,2xAnti-tank
Castellan

Baron 25cm 45cm 4 6 5+ *,Close Sup

* = Save

First of all, the reason I gave all the Knights a save is that I
think they deserve some sort of field protection, to carry the
feel from the old Epic. Rather than create some sort of new
field with a smaller chance of saving (ie fixed 5+), I figured
a 4+ all around field would work just as well. The detachment
configuration would be similar to what someone else mentioned-
A baron (points?) or HQ at +25, up to 6 Paladins/Errants/Lancers,
and up to the number of units in the main force in Crusaders
or Castellans. Ie:

Command:
up to 1 Baron (points?)
or +25 for HQ

Main:
Up to 6 of the following:
1 Paladin (points?)
1 Lancer (points?)
1 Errant (points?)

Support:
You may include one Support Knight for each Main Force Knight
chosen.
1 Crusader/Castellan (points?)

Comments/Suggestions?