Re: [Epic] Eldar tactics

From: DAVID C LADO, DEPT OF NEUROSCIENCE <LADO_at_...>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 1997 00:30:11 -0500 (EST)

>> Yeah Australia is next to Brazil if you ignore the couple of countries in
>> the way and the PACIFIC OCEAN! Jeez, next thing you'll be saying we have
>> kangaroos bouncing down the main street and koalas falling on our heads.

Wellllll, the new Australian tourist commercial running here in the
US has lots of roos in it (though I can't say they're blocking traffic.)

>Of course! And as you probably know, here in Finland we have polar bears
>strolling down the main street and penguins falling on our heads from the top
>of the icebergs our buildings have been cut from.:)

Now this I can't believe! Anyone with any common sense knows it's much
too cold for anything to actually live in Finland. Personally, I think
people claim to Finish because:

1) They're tired of the fact that no-one can pronounce their names,
        so they claim to be from a country where people can actually
        pronounce words like that.
2) It's better than claiming to be Australian (sorry, just can't
        let go of that australian thread).
3) It's a tax dodge (like when president Bush claimed to live in
        a hotel room in texas because texas has no state income tax).

I mean, I have met several Finish people, and *none* of them were
actually in Finland at the time! (of course, the fact I wasn't in
Finland either may have played into it a little).

I think it can be safely assumed, despite the assertions of these so-
called Finns, that Finland is actually a snowy barren wasteland
devoid of all life (kinda like New Jersey, but colder). Everybody
knows that any self-respecting (or respectable, for that matter)
penguin lives in Pittsburg (and plays hockey).

I know this is true because I heard it from a guy who knows someone
that saw it on TV or something.

David the edgukated