Re: [Epic] Chat line mailing list

From: DAVID C LADO, DEPT OF NEUROSCIENCE <LADO_at_...>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 1997 01:32:17 -0500 (EST)

>>Actually, it'd be pretty nifty... I just don't see myself getting out to
>>Mass. any time soon. Kinda like I don't see myself getting out to
>>Australia to visit all the funny Australians on this list. ^_-
>
>Hey who are the funny Australians. I could say Kelvin, but you've never
>actually seen him and that's the funniest part about him. ;-)

Maybe he's referring to the funny way you fellas down under talk ;)

So is anyone else upset that Jason didn't invite us all to his
wedding! How unsociable! (I think he's still mad about the way we razed
him over his "elite" imperial guard ;). Don't worry Colonel,
you can still field your elite guard units. Unfortunately they're
still called marines...

Actually, I have wanted to visit down under. All those comercials about
Australia and talk of kangaroos and koalas roaming the city streets
got me interested in a visit (as soon as I find it on a map). What
I want to know is how Australians react to american accents. Round
about here, someone shows up with a foreign accent and it's an
instant babe-magnet. I wanna know because the way I figure it
(judging from the comericals), Australia is just chalk full of beaches
blanketed by 6 foot tall beautiful blond women (with just the funniest
accents you've ever heard ;).

I wonder if you can keep a kangaroo as a pet (just a little one).

David