Re: [Epic] [E40K] Warlord Titan Variants

From: Alan Brain <aebrain_at_...>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 1997 23:34:23 -0700

A Quote from E40K:

"Finally there were various Fire Control Centres, landing pads and other
pieces which could be fitted to the Warlord Titan and I would encourage
you to come up with your own rules for these and send them in (if you've
played with them and they work). Hopefully we will be able to publish
them in a future White Dwarf article."

Changes/additions to Warlord Data Card:

Carapace Weapons (additional)
Landing Tower: 1 Land Speeder and a Landing Pad. Gives all Barrage
Weapons (including MegaCannons) on the Titan the attribute Artillery.

Fire Control Tower: Cancels the Assault Factor penalty for having a
head-mounted weapon. If there is no head-mounted weapon, allows one
re-roll for one weapon every turn.

Head Main Weapons:
Doomstrike (Mega Cannon) (as normal)
MegaBolter (Heavy Weapons Battery) (as normal)
Corvus Assault Head (Close Combat Weapon) (as normal)
cost - nil (but see below)

Any Warlord with a Head Main Weapon has its Assault factor halved.

Upgrade Titan to Psyker with Castellan head or Devotional Bell + 10

Upgrade Titan to replace Banner Poles with Carapace Lasers +9
(Firepower 2, range 30cm, All Round)

--------------------------------------
And one for Chaos:
"If you have heavily converted Chaos Titans with tails and the like
simply lift information from the Banelord Titan to come up with your own
data sheet."

All of the below can only be used by Chaos Warlord Titans. Not
Banelords, Not Reavers, and definitely not Warhounds!

Chaos Head
FP 2 Range 30cm +2 Assault Value : Cost 12 (Front Arc)

Chaos Tail
FP 2 Range 30cm +2 Assault Value : Cost 15 (Arc - All Round)

Both a Head and Tail can be taken.
-----------------------------
Finally, one for everyone who has 2 or more CC weapons on their
Titans....

"A Titan or Gargant with more than one Close Combat Weapon gains +2
Assault Factor for each weapon after the first. No matter how many you
have, the Titan's Assault Factor is still only doubled once when
fighting War Engines. All Halving and Doubling occurs after all
additions. So a Titan with a 12 Assault Factor +2 for a second Close
Combat Weapon has a value of 14 doubled or 28 vs other War Engines."

--
100026.2014 compuserve o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo     oo oo     oo
See http://www.z-world.com/graphics/z/master/8856.gif for picture