Re: [Epic] Warhamer 40k

From: Timothy J. Kilgore <tkilgore_at_...>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 1997 22:44:10 -0400 (EDT)

At 06:08 PM 4/21/97 -0700, you wrote:

>> With all the talk of gaming in 40k, power gaming especially, I think I would
>> like to point something out. The point of the game is to have fun. If you
>> have fun playing it really doesn't matter if the point system can be
>> cheesed, or as I like to say takes less finess, If you play to have fun, and
>> if you can find someone else who plays to have fun then you have a good
>> game. Winning or losing doesn't matter.
>>
>Agreed, but if you play an army that is unstoppably cheesy, then it
>becomes irritating, hence no longer fun, therefore against the spirit of
>the game.
>Steve

As I said in part of mt post finding someone else who plays for the fun of
it is extremely beneficial to friendly games. Most odf the people who play
for the fun of it are not to far into power gaming. "YOu have 1000 more pts
that I do? I don't care lets play" "You want to play a scenario in which I
wikll lose no matter what? Ok lets play" Alright that might be a little far
fetched but you get the picture I'm painting

                Timothy J. Kilgore
                tkilgore_at_...

You know Aerosmith is getting old when they start singing songs about thier
aching joints "Falling in Love is Hard on your Knees"