Re: [Epic] [E40K] Warlord Titan Variants

From: Alan Brain <aebrain_at_...>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 1997 20:36:19 -0700

duckrvr_at_... wrote:

> At 11:34 PM 4/21/97 -0700, you wrote:
>
> >Changes/additions to Warlord Data Card:
> >
> >Carapace Weapons (additional)
> >Landing Tower: 1 Land Speeder and a Landing Pad. Gives all Barrage
> >Weapons (including MegaCannons) on the Titan the attribute Artillery.
>
> Seems kind of weak . . .

True. But true to the original. And being able to hide your titan
outside of LOS and hit with 3 Barrage weapons would, under some
circumstances, be quite useful.
Besides, I try to follow the rule that anything new had far better err
on the side of "weak and cost-innefective" than Dairy-Product.

> >Fire Control Tower: Cancels the Assault Factor penalty for having a
> >head-mounted weapon. If there is no head-mounted weapon, allows one
> >re-roll for one weapon every turn.
>
> Reroll seems too weak, and the head replacement just moves weapon slots to
> another location.

Weak - well, it's the closest and simplest I could get to a "+1 to hit"
in 2nd ed. As for head movement, Correct, this was the intention.

Ta for the feedback. Would like anyone using this in playtesting to give
me some e-mail on how it works out.

Let's see, we have:
Knights (MC or Cav) -
Titan Variants
Chaplain (I particularly like this one, congrats to the author)
Even Squat proposals on one website.

I'd suggest that it would be a good idea to playtest these, and send
them off to JJ for White Dwarf. Make sure we "assert our moral right to
authorship" though.
--
100026.2014 compuserve o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo     oo oo     oo
See http://www.z-world.com/graphics/z/master/8856.gif for picture