Re: [Epic] Rules questions - weapons

From: DAVID C LADO, DEPT OF NEUROSCIENCE <LADO_at_...>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 1997 16:37:27 -0500 (EST)

>> 4) If infantry with a 6+ save (for example, wraithguard) ho into a building,
>> which gives them +2 armor, can they be damaged? Personally, I would say to
>> use the old system (roll of 6, backed by a 4 hits a 7+ target, etc.), but
>> there is nothing in the new rules regarding it.
>
>Yes there is.... I can't give youa page # now (I'm at school) but it
>specifically says armor cannot go above 6+ by moving into cover.

I'll help out, since I have the rules with me.

Page 14: INFANTRY IN COVER

"Infantry gain special benefits from beign in cover because they can take
best advantage of the concealment it supplies, ducking into holes, lurking
behind walls and so on. Infantry units in cover increase their Armour
value by the amount shown on the Infantry Armour Bonus column UP TO A
MAXIMUM OF 6 (my emphasis). For example, infantry in woods increase their
armour by +1."

so, as Paul said, only infantry get the armour bonus for cover (all
units get the better chart of the FP table). Also, the the armour
will never be better than 6+ (so termies in fortifications get no
armour bonus).

David