Re: [Epic] Re: your mail - old system

From: Us <xenos_at_...>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 1997 19:08:06 -0700

>Yes, there are still some 2nd edition players still here. Is it just me
>or is it that players who played Epic: Space Marine do no care for the new
>rules (Flyer rules excepted), but new players do?
>
>Mike Stim

I agree... I still do not know if I will get the new version. I don't have
that much time to devote to learning a whole new system. I like my old
game ... and I am comfortable with my tactics. My sole opponent at the
moment plays squats so he is left out in the cold at the moment. I think I
will just play the old rules for now... The way GW changes things so much I
will probly not have to wait more than 2 years before they redo this
version also. I used to play 40k until they changed the rule on me 3
times... I bought into the first rule change..and bought the new combat
books. but then it changed again less than a year later...I haven't played
since... if I do I will only use the rules I have.
        I have been to a convention where lots of people only played the
older versions of many different games... I think we will be in good
company.

Xenos . Don . Ork command