Re: [Epic] Gaming Clubs

From: Jason Stephensen <J.Stephensen_at_...>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 1997 11:54:01 +1000 (EST)

>I currently belong to and attend the Queensland Miniatures Gamers Club. We
>meet every second Saturday in a Scout's Hall in Graceville, Brisbane. We
>have a huge variety of member who attend from snotty little 8 year olds who
>are extremely annoying to more mature gamers to the old grognards who are
>old enough to be my father and have been gaming for longer than I have been
>alive. Currently the club has about 200 members (most of whom don't attend
>all the time), is about to embark on its first Con (WarCon), and has the
>eventual goal of purchasing a permanent site for us to game in with
>permanent tables and scenry. Not a bad club!
>
>-Kelvin.....

I'm a member too, and the club is pretty good with tables and scenery
available to use there, which is nice and convenient. And it means that
opponents aren't as difficult to find, and new games systems are easier to
discover, because due to the numbers someone will have the new stuff.

Now I'm off the list for almost a month to get married and honeymoon for a
while. I'd just like to thank all those that sent good wishes to my and my
soon to be wife. Hopefully the next few weeks will be a great time and I'll
come back to the list refreshed and a new man.
                 Colonel Abrahms, 22nd NU-Atol Regiment
                 Rekartot Redbacks Senior Coach
                   "He dosen't know what he wants.
                         He's Insane"