Re: [Epic] Chat line mailing list

From: <duckrvr_at_...>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 1997 21:00:22 -0500

At 09:42 AM 4/24/97 +1000, you wrote:

>As my old section commander said during basic :
>"Who wants to be an officer? Look at all that paperwork"

I spent 3 weeks as a platoon commander, and decided I never wanted to be an
officer. Paperwork and lack of sleep. I couldn't wait to get into the
field so I could get some shut-eye. For those of you who have spent time
in/around the infantry you know how sad that really is. Besides, you never
get tot do the cool stuff. My buddies were fast roping out of helos after
screamin through jungle valleys at tree top level, and I was lackey for the
HQ unit because I was the lowest ranking "officer" there.

Temp